Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The raging river won

Sunday we went kayaking. not in real kayaks but with those sit on top things. But we didn't get the fun wide sit on tops, we got the skinny ones that flip really easy. And yes, I ate it. Several times in fact! One time I got all tangled up and almost drowned, but not almost to the extent that I really almost drowned, just enough almost to make me be a baby for about 1 minute. Or 2. Anyway, when the boat flipped me, it also sacrificed some of my items to the water. I lost my shorts and my hat. Unfortunately my shorts had my 3 dollars, my credit card, and my driver's license. the loss of the 3 dollars was worst because halfway down the river some entrepreneurs had set up a grill and were selling hot dogs and hamburgers for 2 bucks. Man, I totally could have gone for one of those!
Later on we realized that the sunscreen did not work so well. and by not work so well, maybe not at all in some spots. My ankles are like red glowing beacons. they sizzle to the touch and are swollen like a 4th grade teacher's ankles. Cankles almost. They hurt. I had to take a half day monday because i couldn't move my knees or ankles and it was too comical to stay.
Yesterday I had to replaced my license. Really, the DMV on Candler road is like visiting a third world country. If you are wearing cuff links, on Tuesday, during the day, at the DMV, don't throw your trash on the floor. You want to think you're classy but really the girl in suspender shorts that cut up in her coochy is classier than you right at that point. 3 hours later i have ID!

Oh, and Solacaine is sent from heaven.

No comments: