Monday, July 14, 2008

Those crazy dreams


I'm reading this awesome book called The Sex Lives of Cannibals. It is based in the equatorial Pacific on a tiny island in Tarawa. Last night before bed I read the chapter on dogs. This chapter screwed up all of my dreams and I ended up dreaming about big zombie birds. They were trying to kill all of us (us being people but I'm not sure who I was with). So we would go outside and then these huge birds that looked a lot like birds of paradise (see photo above) but with longer beaks and scary teeth would swoop down and attack. If you got bitten by one you were as good as dead. One bit me but we had just discovered that they died if they ate kittens so I put a kitten on the bite and it was okay. This dream seemingly lasted all night but it was probably a full 30 seconds from start to finish. anyway, I'm telling you all of this so that you will read the book and also so you will keep kittens on hand in case of emergency.

2 comments:

Tori LaConsay said...

No joking, I have the same dreams about those birds. But in my dreams, you could hurl billiard balls at them to slow them down.

Yikes.

Sara Ashes said...

omg, crazy!!! this belongs on our dream blog- One Second Time Machine. We'd love to have you as a contributer!