Friday, August 15, 2008

Rent Boys reunion show



Last week I went out with Olivia. She is one of my BFF's. We have fun always.


Anyway, we went to the Rent Boys show. I kinda didn't want to go because I now hate live music because it hurts my left ear real bad. Sometimes my right ear too. And ear plugs feel funny. But Heather was going to of course I HAD to go. Luckily my powers are strong and the door guy let us share a ticket since we were so late. Olivia had to work until 12ish so we missed most of the rock. The Rent Boys were good but I was more impressed by the people watching. I saw people I haven't seen in 5 or more years. And lots of them have not aged well at all. There were chunky people and old looking people and people I should have recognized but did not immediately. I like to think I'm still holding my shit together even if I am blowing up like a blimp and threatening big girl sizes. By the way, someone tell Greg King that he is too old for tight pants and 18 year olds. He's like 40!

After we decided we were done looking at people looking silly and acting 23 we went to the Majestic. Olivia and I love to go there because the people watching is one of the best spots in town. We lucked out because the couple in the booth next to us was fighting and the guy threw fries at his lady friend and he slapped the wall a few times and generally carried on like a douche. We tried to get the waiter to go get the scoop for us but he wouldn't.

No comments: