Tuesday, September 14, 2010

I tried to make a cake recently. Well, like a month ago but i am a slacker at posting things on here. Anyway, my friend has a birthday next to mine so we make treats for each other. It makes people insanely jealous when you have a cake delivered and they don't.
So, I am no professional when it comes to baking. My treats taste good but they are ugly and I have only made about 2 successful cakes (i.e. no grand canyon down the center and no dogs getting a hold of them). Hey, I have an idea, lets try again! I know she likes carrot cake but I had a craving for chocolate. I also wanted to bring some treats to work if I was going to the effort. Soooo, why not make the cake half chocolate and half carrot cake with cream cheese icing? GENIUS! It was just a little wonky but once I drowned it in icing...well, it was still wonky. The tricky part was that I have no a/c. It was a hot hot August day and the icing was turning to soup. I would ice it, and throw it in the fridge, pull it out and write my saying, throw it in the fridge, add flowers...throw it...you get the point. I had no choice but to let her know it was ugly but not poisoned.

No comments: