Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Mal Pais, up the road from Santa Theresa

 Scott fishing at the "Secret Beach" in Mal Pais.  It wasn't so secret but it was pretty empty.
 While Scott fished I explored.  Let me assure you this was NOT the place to be wearing flip flops.  I made it out but it was tricky!
 This is a cave entrance and it was full of bats!  I have my rabies shot so I wasn't too worried.  Don;t get me wrong, I did not antagonize them or anything.  This picture is silly because i had to take it with a timer.  The camera was balanced on jagged rocks and shells and I had to scurry along the jagged rocks and shell (in my flip flops).
 The trees are dangerous here.  spiky thorns!  EGADS!
 And the leaves are giant. 
Sunset from town.  We ate at one of the only terrible restaurants in Costa Rica just a block from here. At least we got a pretty sunset though!  Mal Pais has really nothing except some secluded places to stay and some nicer restaurants which are also tucked away from the road.  We went to the fish camp where you can rent a boat and Scott tried his hand at fishing.  It was either the wrong time of the day or the wrong bait but we all know Scott can catch the hell out of some fish normally.

No comments: