Monday, October 6, 2008

Lemonade Standoff


Hi everyone, I'm writing to make sure you know about Tori. Tori is my awesome friend who needs some odd jobs to a) make some cash to get by and b) write some stories about for her blog. She'll do any number of things: organize a closet, fill bags with sand, take your car to be repaired, pick up dry cleaning, dogsit (she's my partner in the dogsitting world), and probably any number of other things that you could think of. Here's her intro from her blog:


Hi there. Welcome to Lemonade Standoff, this 27-year old freelancer’s adventures and misadventures in yanking the odd job market from the weak hands of your neighborhood youngsters.
Get comfy, take off your shoes…grab a cup of coffee. Or give me a dollar and I’ll do it for you. And write about the privilege.
Don’t feel bad about the kids, its cool. They’re probably too busy watching reruns of the VMA’s, anyway.
How it works:
From now until January 1, 2009 (and potentially beyond), I’m picking up odd jobs. The tedious, the weird, the gross, the questionable and the bizarre. As long as its legal, I’m up for it. Just shoot me an
email and if time permits, we’ll make it happen.
I intend to log the work I do on this blog. I’m promising pictures and many opportunities for potential embarrassment. And heck, maybe we’ll both learn something new along the way. Maybe not, but either way, its gonna be magical. I can just feel it.
Why am I doing this?
I guess you could say that the industry’s been rough on me this year, so I wanted to try a little experiment - a somewhat down-and-out 27 year-old’s take on the good old-fashioned lemonade stand entrepreneur. And, of course, I want it to be funny. Really funny, so that’s why I’m hoping you’ll have something bizarre for me to do. But I’m trying to make dough, too…so anything is negotiable.
To quote the venerable Mr. Willie Nelson, “If you’ve got the money, honey…I’ve got the time.”

No comments: