Saturday, June 7, 2008

Medicine in Singapore

So, you know how you always think about asia as a place where you don't need prescriptions to get almost any drug you want? Well, thats all lies in Singapore. I am having an allergy attack. The post nasal drip has been consistent since I arrived. First the plane trip sucked all of the moisture out of me and now I have a cough that is irritating me to no end. Oh, I'll just get some Claritin or something- its a city right? Wrong. You need a doctor prescription just to get ibuprofin here! The medicine section of stores is non-existent. Luckily they have ricola so that will have to do. It'll do until I go get some foot reflexology! I may get some acupuncture or acupressure too. This place is teaming with Chinamen that know exactly what to do.

No comments: